INXS ~ Crack Crack Crack!

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The BINXS Reign in Seattle...

INXS / Lovehammers Tour: Seattle - 1/19/06

My Seattle concert recap originally posted at www.rockband.com

My report, new items as of today(1/20) are demarked with *NEW*, this report is FINAL (well except for correcting any spelling/format, etc, that I might have missed). Also, it's now realllllyyy loooooooong...sorry, scroll on by if you like, but if you are so diligent as to re-read every word, well then, enjoy! ETA note added on 1/22, bottom of report.

*WARNING* repeated use of words that, well, are meant for mature readers only. For those that are faint of heart, read at your own risk, or scroll on by. I thought of editing, but, this a fully honest and purely emotional account. Enjoy.

All spoiler tags are REMOVED...see the fully ordered set list: be *WARNED*...in general these threads are for full record, so spoilering, not so much necessary :)

Set list, songs in order, none surprising: *SPOILER TAGS REMOVED*

Suicide Blonde
New Sensation
Devils Party
Mystify
Disappear
By My Side
Afterglow
Taste It
Original Sin
Hungry
Never Let You Go
Need You Tonight
What You Need
Kick
Devil Inside
Pretty Vegas
~Encore
Stairs
Never Tear Us Apart
Don't Change


INXS *FUCKING* ROCKED!




from our Seattle concert...SQUEEE!!! gotta' pinch myself, I was actually there, and it was SO FUCKING GREAT! I can barely contain myself...

Headlines:
*reformatted from previous version*

I have included quite a bit of fun filled random observations/commentary/anecdotes...I added more as I decompressed a bit. I am trying for witty, but sometimes I'm just cheesy, so sue me, LOL. I hope you enjoy...

Overall performance commentary (beyond the obvious-see above):
Obviously the BINXS were fanFUCKINGtASStic! So beyond that, they sounded so tight, just as has been said of this last weekend in LA and just yesterday in Vancouver...the BINXS were on FIRE! They all were the fucking music man, it was beautiful...

The stage presence: (more on their individual presence/hotness in the fashion/drool report)
I was able to be up close (5ish ft)from about 4 of them, alot of Timmy and GGB(as you will read below) and they all worked the stage, Kirk and Timmy of course were the biggest wanders other than OB...I would even say Kirk, Tim, GGB had the most intense audience penetration, LOL...what I mean is that they connected. Of course the most I saw of Jon was when they walked on and off pre/post encore--but the drums, they were ROCKING, so I will forgive the lack of Slappy pretty...Andrew did come up front a bit more during the encore songs, at one point he and Tim were in the middle of the stage behind OB, rocking out, the 2 Farriss boys, on their guitars(song? the Stairs?)...OB worked the whole stage...he was REALLY making an effort. I do think he still has some nerves, and is working out his style...so I KNOW it will get even better, not to say he wasn't fucking awesome, because he WAS!!

*NEW* What they wore *Fashion & Drool report* ....I have alot of drooling over OB:OB hotness thrown in for good measure...LOL!

OB/JD/Jason/Batshit: the LACE UP PANTS BABY! These were very nice-VERY NICE!...And those that talk about 'different outfits'...uhmmm, no...he was just wearing layers (see HOB descriptions) starting w/the famous/imfamous BUCKLE jacket...not a fan of that, it actually looks ok in some of the press shots I saw, but I think it should be retired, me no likey...but OB doesn't wear it long, only one song or so, then sheds it, rolling down the long sleeves of his next layer...he's getting warmed up! Not sure (you may want to check the other recaps) how long he kept this LS version on, but eventually he was fully 'warmed up', and we were down to just the HUSTLER tee...I think this is going to be a staple, so if you don't like it, oh well...and he looks fucking HAWT! in it, so whatever...He was also wearing shades for about the same amount of time as the jacket, much better once those came off. I really cannot say enough about how beautiful the Batshit is ...he just is...it almost hurts to look at him...in fact, I tried to feast my eyes on all of OB:OB, just for balance...not sure that helped, as they were all so hot...but alas, our boy Jason, the sex on a stick reference, is correct, though not in the outrageous way we remember from OS...but anyway, *POOFS* all around...so nothing shocking here...
Gary/GGB/Gaz/the Sultan: uhmmm, get your sporks out ladies...because this guy is so fucking HOT! that you are going to be fighting off the hoards...hoards I say, of swooning ladies. Honestly, all the boys have IT, but I will leave that for later. So, GGB, well, he was wearing the sleeveless button up, new tats, tight pants...at least in the thigh area...can't remember material, sensory overload...I can tell you it looks like he is a boxer brief guy, because I was close enough to see lines on his thighs ...is this TMI? sorry Binxies...Anyway, he was sooooo happy, smiling and kind of doing his thing(his side to side bounce/dance while playing the bass) up and down the stage...he spent alot of time coming up front, I was a little surprised, but I have to say, I was loving me some GGB...he just has an aura of personality on stage that exudes pure happy enjoyment, that is both beautiful and hot...and did I mention the thighs ladies...remember, HOARDS!
Tim/Timmy/the Sheriff...aka: the fucking hot guy that was like only 5 feet away from me almost the entire night! Oh, yeah, he also plays a guitar...So what was he wearing...Sunglasses for most of the show, but when those came off, near the end (not sure if it was before or after the encore) you see his BEAUTIFUL eyes...ok, I know this guy has as many years on me as he does on the Batshit, but it doesn't matter, some guys have IT...Timmy is one of them...Ok, back to the fashion...He was wearing the Wings shirt...and some pants I know we've seen...I could probably go through the photos and pick them out, but I am too lazy...whatevah! he looked HOT! and he was JUST LOVING EVERYTHING, especially the front rows...but he was very democratic...he moved around ALOT and also, and maybe its just because he knows what he's doing, he both managed to have presence that was personal, yet it seemed appropriate for the entire audience...can't quite say it right, but our Timmy is a professional, and he knows what he's doing up there...oh and he plays some guitars...some really beautiful ones...I'm sure one was the Blue Dolphin(?)Marlin (Radioshoes corrected me on my instrumental ignorance LOL)...whatever, he plays them masterfully, throwing pics to the audience...I almost got one, and if I had been more pushy, I probably could have, but alas, it was all very GOOD!
Kirk/Dirrrty Kirky/Kirky ...I didn't get as much up of close looking at Kirk...though he did come over to our side quite a bit, but not as much obviously as Tim/GGB...Loving the stubble look on Kirk, it really works for him...wearing one of his 'interesting' button ups...typical Kirk fashion...I didn't even notice his glasses/shades, they must have looked good! Now that man on the Sax...SEX! He is so masterful with that particular instrument...and his and JD's interactions...*POOF*, especially when OB gets down on his knees in front of Kirk...no words...they were both *POOF*...oh, and he also plays guitar...yep, brilliantly...he did make eye contact w/us a few times...and I know he was holding back a giggle during the last song, Don't Change, as that was the *Double Dare* moments, and Kirky knew what was up...
Andrew/Andy/Sunggles and Jon/Slappy I am combining these 2 not because I equate their hotness, but because I had the shortest/furthest viewing of them...Andy, was well, wearing the DAD jeans...but he's a cutie...and an awesome musician, so we'll give him a pass...he did come back out during the encore wearing this one jacket that I think looked really nice ...kind of bomber style...anyway...Now Slappy, he was too FAR away most of the night for me to enjoy his beauty...I did catch some of it though...I can't say exactly what he was wearing...some tshirt(LS or SS not sure)...but he look REALLY GOOD! I probably saw his the most clearly on exit/entrance of the close/encore, he turned and waved...at the end(of the regular set or the encore, I'm not sure) he also came off and when OB, others were throwing stuff, he threw out 1 or 2 pairs of drum sticks...oh, and he played the *FUCKING DRUMS* BABY! and they ROCKED! so that is all I have on the Slappy report. And thus ends the specific report of the fashion/hotness/stage specifics on OB:OB...


Seating...And I used this term loosely...
Sat in First row Tim/GGB side of stage; oh, and I think I'm deaf! ...right ear feels funny, we were right infront of the speakers...I was close enough to see the pores on the skin of all except Andy and Jon...there was a really small pit area in front of us. Only about 5 feet to stage...but kind of behind this rail...The best seat I could have had really.
*NEW* If you have the means and/or the patience, try to get to at least one show where you are sitting *up close*...I mean, the BINXS perform to the WHOLE venue, but there is NOTHING like being close...it is almost undescribable. *Words of caution*, especially if you are either right in front of stage, or if you are right next to speaker: you may want to actually contemplate bringing some earplugs...not to completely block sound, but to protect your ears...Now you might say, hey, it's worth it to hear them full on...However, while I might agree with this in theory, not only are my ears still ringing, but right ear is still not quite right. I have never experienced quite this level of after effects, and while I hope it will diminish, for all I know, I might have actually permanently damaged my hearing...this can happen folks...be careful, enjoy yourself, dance like crazy, make moo cow eyes to all the BINXS....just remember these words...

Some more great moments and anecdotes:
OB tossed water at us it landed on the pit and the first couple of rows, and it felt goooood...it was a bit warm after all:) He did this twice, the first time was during Kick, the second time was either during PV or The Stairs...can't remember, notes unclear

Lots of love in the first few rows from Timmy and Gary...
Package check: Timmy-check, JD-check, Gary-check, Andrew check, no visiblity due to obstruction: Kirk / Jon
Provacative items tossed on stage during encore, check...more on this later...eta: see double dare report below...

LH--touched Marty...by accident...more on that later *see commentary on the Lovehammers' below

an interesting moment, mobbed BSC maddness:
ok's here's just a bit more...OB did come down into the crowd...what song...FUCK! I cannot remember...it was right next to us...but he was about 10 feet away, so no I did not touch the batshit...but he did not get far...he had 2 'puny' security types trying to help out, but the masses behind us pounced, and it almost got really UNPRETTY...so batshit quickly escaped back to the stage, again right by us, but out of reach...he was really closer when he was actually on stage right in front of us...more soon, brain still healing...

LH love for BINXS...or rather peaches rev's up the crowd...
...so peaches(I just like calling him that...after tonight, I feel like I can, so I will...) gave a lot of love to OB:INXS through out the LH set...says how much they have helped them (LH), him, etc...how great they sounded in Vancouver...weren't we super excited to see INXS tonight...all of this through about 3ish commentary breaks in their set...I have to say, Marty knew/knows what his job is...they (the LH's) are the opener...they are there to support INXS...I think Marty delivered on this...

Double Dare report...
So for folks that were around earlier this afternoon, I did throw out a nutty thought...well this is a rock concert right...shouldn't the BINXS get some kind of naughty presents on stage? I had the opportunity, so I thought I should take it...Some suggested 'Magnums', but I went with an old favorite...and I got the good stuff, DKNY thongs...hey they were a 3fer...LOL. So anyway, I was a bit of a scardy cat, not wanting to get in 'trouble' for throwing any type of 'projectiles'...but as I said, this is a ROCK concert! so I just waited to pick my moment...I had showed my bounty to the gals from 448 earlier they kind of giggled nervously...I think they were either amused or scared of my BSCness (ummmm, and I think I showed peaches ex...said he would only get one if I got a good eye fuck...I so did NOT know who she was...and no eyefucking occurred so, anyway, back to BINXS) So, they were tossed during the final song of the encore (to minimize security risk) Don't Change...I didn't actually hit the BINXS, and they didn't acknowledge to the crowd that they knew what was floated onto the very front of the stage...but Kirk and Tim did see...and gave me and the Aussie gal(old time INXS fan) I ended up sitting w/in the front row an amused look...I think Kirk was trying to keep a straight face...and NOONE else at the WHOLE fucking ROCK CONCERT did anything, even remotely similiar...ok, I was at a Bryan Adams concert in college...and they had bras and all sorts of shit thrown up at them, and they were not even half as cute as OB:OB...just saying...folks need to go a bit more crazy...this is ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL PEOPLE!!! just sayin'...

*NEW*
Lovehammer commentary: I'm going to start off w/a brief commentary on the both my impression, the Aussie INXS fan I was sitting with, and their general reception...
First, we have the Mad Conductor, aka: Peaches...he actually is kind of 'pretty' in his own special way...v.v.skinny ass as someone else points out...he did come down into the audience at one point...came right by me TWICE...Oh, and did I mention, I touched peaches(?) by accident!...Well, as I said, he came on down, he wasn't being mobbed... anyway, I gave him some lee way the first pass...then just past me, he started climbing back a few rows over the seats...this was pretty cool...I thought I should try for an inconspicous pic here w/my phone, so I was fiddling...and didn't realize when he was coming back through...so...he kind of bumped right past me--full side body contact...and I didn't even realize it until he was passed...and then I was like...hmmm, probably should have paid more attention to mahty, than the camera, but oh well...and while I think we all, in the front row, got some looks, Marty did try more of a full theatre eye fuck than anything too personal...though there may have been a few when he was climing into the audience not sure...There was little standing for the first 2/3 of the LH set, until peaches pretty much ordered it, since he figured we could 'sing along' . . .peaches ex was a little surprised folks weren't on their feet earlier...she was, then sat down w/us in the front row--I think I might have snarked on Marty here--Oops again!...only a couple of the folks in the pit were even standing...once we all started standing (again, at peaches request) there was one chick in the pit that sat there calmly w/her legs crossed...wonder who she was? ...Oh, and the guyliner was in full force...when he came down into the audience...I could see it up (REALLY) close and it was starting to melt a bit...Their perfomance...well, it was an INXS crowd in Seattle, I think, but there was some love for LH's as well...and the theatre was more or less full when they started which is something for an opener, so good for them...and Marty acknowledged this and thanked everyone...RE: the actual performance...I have mixed feelings...I think they are good at what they are...not sure if that will translate into being huge stars ? Peaches coaxed everyone out of their seats for the final bit of their set...saying how now they were going to play some stuff that we actually knew the words to, LOL. They did a kick ass rocking version of Ring of Fire (v.v. different than the Coldplay version btw) and then Trees. Oh, and I think I snarked earlier on one of their songs(Rain on the Brain off of l'strange) to peaches ex...oops!...I mentioned how it sounded just like the one he was 'writting' w/Andrew on the final RS clinic...but that he had written it for 2 albums ago...OOPS! sorry, didn't know...oh well...And the gal I was there with told me after the show, that she thought they were pretty good...she hadn't really heard of them before, and didn't really remember him from the show, as she had only caught a couple of eps (the horror!). She also said how he actually really reminded her of Michael...in the way he moved...I think this is what the Binxies had mentioned before, and I guess I can kind of see it, maybe a little, whatever...so that all I have to say about that. LH's, over and out.

*NEW*
ok, so I should actually talk about the SONGS at somepoint, because they were INXS! and they were ALL SO FUCKING AWESOME!!

Song/performance notes:

INXS


The songs
...ok, so the other concert goers on this thread have really given more details than I can on the individual songs...I am going to tell you what I think in general some of the featured performances. My favorites: Loved Devil's Party, Original Sin, Never Let You Go. NTUA is a classic, and they were fabulous on it. OB has really learned to pull this one off, the whyy-yy-yy-yyy part is there, the SAX is there. All good. There was a bit of the pogo in the audience for Pretty Vegas '...it aint pretty' pogo, pogo, hee! Ok, and this is just my opinion, but I thought he sounded alot like the original on Devil Inside. It was kind of eery really, but spectacular, so that's all I am going to say on that. NYT, love this song, loved OB's interpretation, 'you're one of my kind....' , yeah BABY! H.O.T. Ok, now I am going to comment on Taste IT...I might need to hide from the tomatoes here...So my take on this HOT song...Well OB:OB performs/plays this song brilliantly, given. And yes, the Batshit does more or less DO the the mic and ultimatedly, the mic stand...but from my vantage point, it all got a little comical...at one point I was holding back the giggles...I am chalking this up to the fact that I was watching this from the side rather than straight on...from which I am sure, from the front, it was H.O.T.; but from my side, I just thought it looked silly. *hides* But that doesn't mean it wasn't kinda' hot anyway, I mean, it was OB, and I'm not completely immune here, but its all ok, I said what I said, and that's all I am going to say about it...besides if you're reading this freakin' novel I have written, you may miss it anyway, so, oh well. And I loved every freakin' one of these songs, but others have given more thoughtful commentary, so I'm going to leave it at that.

*NEW*
About the Crowd in general...
The crowd was overall pretty good. The place was packed. And as mentioned earlier, it was pretty full from the beginning, even for the LH opener. I would say the average age was close to that of the tenured BINXS (mid 40's), probably alot of 30 somethings, a scattering of newer fans and more than a few 50 fans. I would say the older the fan, the more they were likely a fan of INXS, the original...but that is not necessarily true for the Batshit lovers...they came in ALL shapes, sizes, and ages...

During break, the crowd milled around mostly in seats, watching the clocks, of course some ran to 'powder their noses', get water, review the merchandise selection. I mainly stood in the front row looking back and surveying th audience...accumulating all this information...I should have probably searched out other RB'ers...I had the seating chart, but I was nervous and super excited about the BINXS taking the stage, so did not stray too far...or at all, away.

Countdown 20 min, ended, as folks have mentioned the last 10 seconds, folks stood up, counted down, were cheering as the BINXS took the stage, the screens/curtains or whatever lifted, (blinding) lights on, Suicide Blonde, OB in buckles, Andy playing the bitch right out of that harmonica...and they played and they played, and we danced...Though nothing too crazy, at least up front, sounds like the further back (or up in balcony) it got, the more interesting...go figure...I don't think there were any youngun's up front...though I did see a couple of Hot Chicks come up to the security guy up front, at one point, trying to flirt their way into the pit...no dice beyotches! Again, everyone was standing the whole time...though, I'm not sure the newer fans were very familiar w/the back catalogue...Me, I was singing along to EVERY song BABY! I swear, the music was so great, I closed my eyes a couple of time, and just lost myself in it, dancing and singing...but then I had to wake up, after all, there were all of these HAWT guys on stage !! that were ROCKIN'!!!! My opinion, I kind of wished the front crowd (pit and rows) were more BSC...they were almost kind of mellow...I think the balcony was the most rocking, whenever I looked back, they were CRAZY up there...I thought that was awesome, and the boys certainly were throwing the love to the WHOLE place, so it was all good.

*NEW*
Regarding the pre-concert meetup...I did meet w/a bunch of 448'ers and at least on gal from Davesboa(sp?) at Von's, they were all very nice, and friendly. I ended sitting next to a bunch of 'em in front, though I didn't wear one of the bracelets. The 448er (Skyhooked) that I sold my row V tix to made up some cool pins that she generously gave me 1 of, so special thanks to her! I met Impatient, she stopped by after she finished w/the M&G...she shares her experience, that I see is posted below. Very sorry we MISSED YOU IJ!!! and anyone else! It was fun, and everyone I have met is super nice. At Von's they were playing what sounded like the Best of INXS while we were there...and yes, I could name that tune w/i the first few bars...I know my INXS people! Again, I wish I had made the rounds per the seating chart I printed out, but I was just too caught up in the madness, and anticipation, so, it is what it is! Love you all!

Sorry for the extended text, but I wanted to get it all out and on record, so scroll by if you will, but if you did take the time to read this, I hope you enjoyed and are super psyched for your show! Because, it will be: fucking GREAT!

*1/22 ETA* one final thing, that is not in my original report...there were 2 backup singers....I thought there was only going to be one...and for those that were wondering, I mentioned in the chat thread that OB, and some of the rest(tim and/or ggb) did use the ramp behind Jon/drums at this show...

Also, sorry for all the many uses/instances of the f-word...but is was absoFUCKINGlutely necessary! So there. *Kisses*

The End ...well until next week...VEGAS BABY!

Edited by - emswazzu on 01/27/2006 7:26:30 PM

No comments: