INXS ~ Crack Crack Crack!

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Where in the bleepin' heck is Missouri ?!?!?!?

My St Charles concert recap originally posted at rockband.com

INXS/Lovehammers Tour: St. Charles, MO - 2/28/06



St Charles...
Well, what could I possibly add??? Likely, and realistically...probably not anything that has not already been said.
So has this ever stopped me before...NO! and will it stop me now...NO! Ha, you knew this would be the answer...wordy mcwordy and all: this was my experience in XS!


So here you have it...LIVE (well it was originally written, LOL) from tittie city! St Louis International...

Let's start at the beginning...no not last summer...that has been done...the beginning of this journey was the post concert crash following the Sin City adventure in BSC...yes, you all remember that...whether you were there, or hosting your own version of a pitty party, you remember the BSC that was Las vegas...where was there to go from there? For many of us, myself included, that was to be the end of the journey on this 1st AMAZING! leg of the Switched On! tour...it was suppposed to be the ultimate in all that was BSC...it was fabulous...it was Sin City...but, my dear rockbanders, it.was.not.the.end!!!!!

So for those of you crazies that were fortunate(or unfortunate, LOL, you make the call!) to be online a couple of days past our return from the city of Sin...you remember this one CRAZY night when a few of us lost our ever lovin' BSC minds and decided to jump on some FRONT ROW tickets in MISSOURI!!! Missouri! what the Hell?!?!?!? Well, the previous weekend in LV, Our Boy, as we all know, developed a nasty bit of bronchial pnemonia...icckkk! and the Binxs has to reschedule about 3 dates...one of which was the St Charles concert originally scheduled for Feb 1...the new date was Feb 28...and within a couple of days of the reschedule a few tickets made their way to EBAY...guess, just guess who found them....well our very own fabulous Glam of course! From what I understand, she found 2 tickets and immediately bought them for herself and Hot Girl...but did she stop there? No!!! she noted that there were another set of 4 available for $200/ea and posted about it (w/o link)...I first saw this, and randomly commented, somewhat whistfully to the effect...wow, tempting....Glam responded...go for it... I got a RL phone call and was about a half hour behind...I got off the call, and catching up, found a couple of other of my fellow BSC were seriously considering...our very own SlideOverHere, OCGirl...I was like, WHAT? are we seriously looking at this?!?!??!? answer: YES!!! some more back and forth, maybe half an hour to an hour later...with much BSC encouragement from Glam we had decided to go for it...but we needed a 4th! a couple of others were maybe thinking...not sure...a few emails were sent to those not on the board....then...Heaven Sent logged on, and asked if we were still looking...she was IN!!! We had FOUR!!! We were just about convinced to go for it...and asked Glam to post us the link...with in 15 minutes, we had nailed logistics and done the deed! Rockband was going to ST CHARLES, FRONT ROW!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!? Well this was just the beginnning, and not the whole crew...just a tease of what was to come.

The rockband contingent was not yet complete. The front row crew was on board, but there were others...Our very own NIF had 2nd row to the original date, and was absolutely going to the new date...and she was scheduled to go to the acoustic preshow, so she was SUPER excited, but that is her tale... W.A.T.T. also managed a close seat(second row) again, her own tale...Susu and hubby! also, came to join the BSC ...Was that all???? NO! Going into the last week preceding the concert...Our very own Cheryl decided this was the concert to be at!!! Cheryl was coming!!!! Rockband was well represented in St Charles!!! Squee! Now there may have been others, but these are the folks I met in addition to the Front Row Crew...the rest of this story will primarily be in reference to the crew up front...but a few of the others were able to just about join us...I will let them tell their story...the rest is my story, 24 hours off the front row...
My journey first of all was on the DL...noone in RL knew I made this trip! I, myself am still in shock as I type it...what the heck?!?!? I was basically planning on going to freakin' Missouri (St Charles a suburb just out of St Louis) to see INXS...again, what?!?!? But as many of you know, the chance at Front RoW BINXS is just about impossible to resist...and the stars were aligned w/the right price, affordable airfare, and a crew willing to put in together...Can I just say...FRONT ROW CREW, you ROCKED!!! you are all the most FABULOUS bunch of gals I barely know, but now, seriously...I consider all of you friends...you are now part of this weird middle BSC version of my RL...it's almost surreal...have I said, I am still in SHOCK! Squee!!! Now I also want to give a shout out to the rest of the others not in front...NIF, you are the sweetest! thanks so much the heads up on the acoustic! unfortunately we were not able to try to get into that, as timing with everyone, just did not work out...but we did get to tune into the radio for both interviews and acoustic sets thanks to your notice, so THANK you girl! Susu came over and chatted w/us in between the LH's and INXS...girl I barely got to introduce myself! we so have to hang out! Well, the Front Row 6(Glam, Hot Girl, SlideOverHere, OCGirl, HeavenSent and myself) were all up by the rail for the Binxs...Slide and OCGirl were able to get closer to center right next to Glam and Hot Girl! for the BINXS...Heaven Sent and I , were right in front of Tim's area of the stage...stage right.
The stage set up...Well, there was a barrier in the Arena, about 3 feet, that separated the front stage from the front row...we were not impressed! But it wasn't changing...so it was what it was, LOL...Even with this, some of our front row crew(FRC), certainly got some serious love! from OB:OB...the individual experiences will be their own stories...the group stuff...that has been revealed...I might comment on, because it did impact my overall experience...in a good way! But, mostly, I will just give you what I got out of the night, from my spot up front! Let me just say, right now...I did not touch the pretty...I did not kiss the pretty, I did not get any picks, I did not get any drum sticks...should I be disappointed? Let me tell you why not, and why this was the most phenomenal experience of my life! Well concert experience...and overall, let me tell you, it ranks right up there!!! Major Squee!!

Can I just right now state the obvious? Front.Row.Baby!!!!! This is the only way! Well, I may be channeling OB on that one...I may in fact attend some upcoming INXS not up front...but it doesn't mean I don't want to be, and will be whenever I can! Because...it is the fucking best! (see, I'm like JD...I just can't get through this without the f-word...I telling you, it is not freakin' possible, LOL!!!) Whenever, and whatever you have to do, if you love INXS, get up front as much as possible, you will never be dissapointed! You may be on your last dollar, but it is always worth every single cent you pay...I don't know why? I seriously would not do what I am doing for anyone else...but I have done it twice now...and I am very certain, I will likely be doing it again(front row that is).
Now just to reiterate, for perspective, this was my 3rd overall Switched On concert attended, the 2nd up front, more or less...

Well, the LH's...they were good. If you are a big fan, you may even say great...Me, I bought their album, and am a casual fan. I have to say they get better every time I see them. Marty is what he is...a really white guy with a very unique and compelling stage presence...some of us were loving them, the rest were certainly enjoying...My observation, compared to previous shows, were that the overall crowd were more into them, at least the frontish part of the of crowd...we were on our feet from the beginning! They were a pretty good set up for the crowd to get ramped up...they are a darned good opening act...I am usually not into the openers at all...the LH's are gaining my appreciation by making theirselves an act worth showing up early for...
Moving on to why I was here...because, my name is ems and I am an XS head...that's what we're calling ourselves right? LOL! By the way, that is what certain people called me all day yesterday, ems that is... LOL...never been called that before in RL...but apparently, when in MO...just call me ems...why not, it is BSC land after all...at least it was yesterday:)
Ok, focusing on INXS...fuck!(sorry!, NOT!) They were so fucking great, I am sorry, they were...this is what being up front does to me...it makes me type words that I would not do otherwise, really I am a nice and lovely retiring sort of rockbander, yes? LOL...now FRC(front row-ish crew) don't laugh, I am!! So INXS...they freakin'(see I am trying, LOL) blew my mind...AGAIN! Every time...it is unbelievable! I mean, I expect it, but wow, it just continues to amaze me...And they were, BETTER THAN EVER! They sounded FUCKING AMAZING!Holy freakin' cow! I seriously do not know how they do it, but they do...and Jason, the Batshit...OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD! Fuck! (not sorry!) ...Ok, so those of you that read my Seattle recap(sorry, LOL) know, I then really really focused on each and everyone of the the BINXS, then...but yesterday, was all about the Batshit in my world...Can I just say, he is the absofuckinglutely freakin'best! Oh my god! Holy smokes...and smokes is right...that man is so beyond hot! duh! But seriously, even when it was too much, I made an extra special effort to focus on OB last night...I know, the horror...what a trauma, NOT! LOL...geez, how can a man be that...I cannot even describe it...he sounded great...but it is soooooo much more than that...Holy shit! they so knew what they were doing when they chose this guy...Our Boy...they, all six of them are INXS...and OB, as the front man, is everything one could dream of...and the ladies...very much including myself, were likin' it, likin it...to say the least...don't worry, I am going to say more...LOL...
I am not even going to say much about what they were wearing...we've all seen their various wardrobe choices...there were no headlines here...and the Lace up pants, baby, were very much! in attendance! Did I mention the LACES? More on that later...Also, we all know by now, that the Batshit had another Batshit moment last week, and went and buzzed his lovely, very pretty, locks...but can I say right now...The man is so HOT, that it does not matter...in fact, I will say this right now...I think I like him better this way...now I think he is prettier and more beautiful w/the hair...he is lovely...but with the buzz...I don't know how to say it, other than he is ALL MAN...AND SMOKIN HOT!!! Maybe that's it...he looks more mature this way...rougher...a bit more knowing...anyway...

So, blah, blah, same set list, including Disappear, with New Sensation in the encore, still no Stairs...Remarkable vocal moments...NLYG, the scat/rap towards the end...unbelievable...spot on! Oh, and Devil Inside...he did a little something different w/it towards the end...OB has made it his own! I loved it! The Tim/JD slide during NYT...very cute...The boys...all of them, lots of man love, they are all so cute w/each other...love them all...you can see the bond has grown! You can also see the growth of them on this tour, from the 2nd show in Seattle that I attended, to this one(close to the end of this first leg) six weeks later...they, and OB, have just blossomed, both musically and as a whole...INXS, completely, and totally, INXS...WOW...Oh, and the voice stuff...the entire FRC pretty much agreed that OB sounded AWESOME...BEST YET!!...so anything to the contrary...well is just contrary for contrary's sake...just sayin...

Ok, now back to what I owe y'all...especially if you have read to this point...you deserve this...anyone here remember how I've basically been the lone ranger not on the Taste It mic sex love train...well that is all, completely over! I am on it, I am driving it, and I was loving it!!! OMFG...it is not the same, people!...the relationship between OB and his mic...has matured, it has grown...among other things, LOL...and it is ...pause...must take a minute to collect myself...ok, back...can I be so bold as to say, it made me feel a certain way... BWAH! that is an under statement...Holy cow...in the words of Tim Farriss...watching that, is the most fun you can have with your pants on! I mean, holy heck! OB has something going on with that mic...I'm just saying...fan's self...And can I say, that man has the most amazing tongue...flick! jeez...I cannot even do it justice with words...between the caressing, undulating, licking, fingering, thrusting etc...and well...I am just going to say...OB was feeling a 'certain way' by the time he was finished...just sayin....Anyway, seriously, when he started in on that mic, I was really focused...I mean, I was going to 'get it' one way or the other...I had to get over being contrary to the whole thing...I mean, maybe I had missed something before, right? So I told myself this time...pay very close attention...evaluate, be objective, tell it like you see it...don't laugh...Can I just say, right now, there was no laughter...not from this girl, not this time...with in a split second, I was *poof*, gone, I don't know what it was...but it was more, different, did I mention, more? Because it was...more! Seriously, once it started, I just sort of stood, there, no longer forcing myself, totally, and compeltely mesmerized...I wasn't even dancing...I was just there watching, in my head, totally there...I mean, the rest of the arena did not really exist for those seconds, minute, whatever...ok, that's it, I cannot anymore, it just was. That is the end...you just have to Taste It...I don't know if they will perform this in the next leg or not...so I am unbelievably glad I was able to see it as it has evolved...and to really come to appreciate it...because it was a sensual work of art...so have I paid my pennance enough? LOL...
Moving on....

So our FRC did make some signs...a couple of the folks held them up...they will and have share/d what they like...I will just say...SIMPLICITY WORKS! as does 'quid pro quo'...seriously, tit for tat...pun intended! In related news, there was definitely some tasting going on up front...there was some touching...there was some pulling...at one point the Batshit, actually hands a very special front row gal the laces of his pants...basically let her pull them like 3 feet out across the barrier...OMFG...not my story...but holy heck...very lucky...and OB was loving it...There were also, many lucky BSC's that were attened to w/picks and drum sticks...the front row got much love both tangibly and visibly...while I didn't touch, etc, personally, there was definite and specific eye contact with a few of OB:OB and all of us!

Disturbing note...at one point, towards the end some random gal, not part of our crew, pratically pulled Tim off stage so that he fell into the gap between the stage and the rail...I was freaking out seeing it from the side, I think he came w/i a hairs breath of knocking the back of his head on the stage...I don't even want to contemplate what could have happened ...but that was NOT COOL! I don't care what folks touch, what folks caress, etc...the BINXS are big boys, they only let happen in that way, what they want...but don't harm my boys!! I mean there could have been serious injury here folks...do not pull them off stage...if they want to come down, they will hop down on their own volition, jeez...! I do not know who that gal was...but I hope that I don't see that again...I hope people realize, stuff like that, more than anything else, will make the boys hold back from coming to the edge...or mandate larger gaps...I know this is rock and roll...but it is not wrestle mania, LOL...just don't harm my BINXS and all will be good! 'nuff said!
Love for the BINXS Crew! OB:OB loves their crew...and we love them too! We chatted early, before going into the venue w/one crew member by the name of 13...he was very friendly, and honestly we were just shooting the shit with him, not trying to use him for info really in any way...be friendly with these guys, they are cool and share a valuable view point, are responsible in large part for the success of these shows, and hey, it is good karma! I personally would love to thank each and everyone of these guys for helping support our beloved BINXS. So, in this vein, our sign gals, made 2 signs for the crew members we have made a connection with: 13 and our very own Drumtech...At the end of the show, we gave them their signs...they came up and were very thankful! They definitely knew rockband was in the house!

Back to the overall concert experience, bloody hell...it was a great one! From the first to last note...great! Spot on, in every possible way...After the concert, when we were seriously asked like 10 times by the ushers to leave the venue, we finally left...a few of the FRC definitely experienced some post concert bliss...and I did get to see the St Louis arch...wondering where that leap came from? Well, NOW, we like to say...what happended in Missouri, stays in Missouri....at least just a little bit...besides that, the fact that we did not get to sleep until about 4am-ish...after posting a bit of teasing recap for y'all...it was altogether a fabulous night.
Thank you to all the FRC and extended crew--I'm saying it again gals, you ROCK! Love You:) Cheryl it was great spending some extra time chatting w/you at the airport before your flight! Heaven Sent you are an inspiration! Slide...girl, you are freaking awesome! fearless! Glam, you are the sweetest! whipHot Girl a riot! OCGirl, can you believe it?!?!? WATT, Susu, NIF great to finally meet you!
OK, that is FINALLY it...I truly commend you if you even bothered to read this...and remember...the obvious...always go FRONT ROW BABY, when ever you freakin' can...you will never regret it! Love you all...over and out, from STL......


Edited by - emswazzu on 03/02/2006 5:47:41 PM


No comments: